Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette

I saw this palette being used by Emily Eddington, or Emilynoel83 on her blog and her YouTube videos (www.beautybroadcast.net http://www.youtube.com/user/emilynoel83
I had never really seen many Wet 'n' Wild products at my local drugstores, i mean there's a section for them, but its very tiny, and its never stocked really. But luck caught me by surprise when my boyfriend came into my bedroom at 4 A.M on black Friday, waking me up with catalogs for sales. He wants to go to Kmart and buy a video game. I agree as long as he will put up with me going through all the makeup. So at 6 A.M i dragged myself out of bed, got a coffee and headed down to Kmart. 
I was HUGELY disappointed, not by the makeup, but by the fact that nothing was jumping out at me, nothing popped out and made me think "oooo i have to buy this" But I decided to look through the Wet 'n' Wild section since I don't come across this brand too often, and it's usually affordable so I wouldn't feel bad if it turned out to be a crap product. Then I saw this palette and remembered reading good reviews on a few sites and decided to get it. Why not? It was only 2 dollars. They only had Vanity left (which was fine with me since i mostly prefer browns and golds), though i would have enjoyed Greed, Lust and Pride. 
The first thing I did when I got home was sleepy, but when I woke up I used this palette.
(vanity)

(vanity)
No flash
(vanity)
My camera does not do these swatches justice

This palette is amazing, and for the price, its unbeatable. They are extremely soft and super pigmented, I can just lightly dab my finger into the shadows and get the color on. I love that there are 3 matte, and 3 shimmer shades. I enjoy having options. The colors are all beautiful and with 6 shades you can make different looks. This palette gives me my perfect natural look, a look thats good for work or on a weekday and the colors blend easily. I even use the shimmer white in the middle of my bottom lip and on my cupids bow to give my lips a fuller look. Wet N' Wild has been coming out with some amazing products, turning from a brand I'd spend a dollar on and use as play makeup as a child into a brand I'd spend more money on and use as an adult. And this palette proves that. 
Pros: cheap price, good pigmentation, convenient, colors that complement each other and blend well.
Cons: Fallout, the applicators provided are awful, the packaging, and you need eyeshadow primer. 
For me the cons are easily fixed and the pros outweigh the cons. 
Two thumbs up
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment