I am on a makeup fast. I say its for Lent but I'm not religious so its mostly for my boyfriend. Ever since my moms death in early October I have been going over board on the makeup spending, much to the horror of my boyfriend. Though the money I spend is most of my own, he would rather have me buy anything else with it. So I told him that I was going to go on a makeup fast, for lent, because I think 40 days is a good amount of time.
I don't think I could have picked a worse time to start. New Spring collections are coming out and Spring sales are starting, I obviously did not think things through properly. I am dying to go and look at the sales and new collections but I know if I do, I'll buy something, and I like to keep my word. So I'll grit my teeth, and bear through it, making to sure to keep away from drugstores, and Ulta. But it has been a little easier since my boyfriend bought me the Too Faced Natural Eye Kit and the Urban Decay Naked Palette, two items I've been lusting over, and he says it doesn't count towards my fast.
But just because I received those items doesn't mean I'm not drooling over anything else, because I truly am, and I made a list of the things I want the most once these 40 days are up.
1. The China Glaze Crackle Glaze, in pretty much any color. But I for sure want the black. And some spring/nude colors. Hell, I want every color.
2. Pop Beauty Bare Texture Kit. I have never tried the Pop eye shadows before, but I hear good things, and I love nude shadows with a pop of color, so this kit is just perfect. I mean, look at that electric blue!
3. Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller. The name pretty much explains it, I have dark circle, that are pretty much permanent. I have never been able to sleep or do anything to get rid of them, I mean there are photos of me as a kid with them.
4. If you haven't heard of LiLash go look it up! This thing is a miracle worker. I have seen many videos on it, read many blogs, and this seems to be the lash enhancing product for me. It is quite expensive so thank goodness for this fast, I'll be saving money.
5. This will be my first MAC item and I think its a good one. Versatile. Great reviews. Done.
Those are the top five things but yes there are more.
6. NYX Glitter Liners
7. Rimmel London Moisture Renew Gloss
8. Sigma Brushes (any, preferably a kit)
9. Coastal Scents Gel Liners
10. Napoleon Perdis Romance Set.
I just cannot wait for this fast to be over
(My boyfriend, with a stained shirt. He shouldn't wear white)